Cotton Lavender (Santolina chamaecyparissus)
to be, or... knot to be...
In the Garden | Fragrance
Popular garden varieties
In the Garden
- Perennial, Evergreen, Frost hardy,
- Height: ±1m if not clipped; Spread: ±80cm,
- Grey foliage with Bright Yellow, button-like flowers in Summer,
- Use as an edging plant along paths or to border herb or vegetable gardens and other formal plantings. Takes well to clipping and can be used for low hedges and knot gardens.
- Full sun; Well drained, composted soil,
- Pick fresh leaves throughout the year,
- Use dried leaves and flowers in potpourris,
- Make herbal sachets and use to deter moths and other insects in drawers, closets and among books,